- ½ cup hot water
- ½ cup salt
- 1 cup flour
- Acrylic Paint
- Matte Finish Mod Podge
- Gold Paint Pen or Sharpie
- Mix together the hot water, salt and flour. Kneed it together with your hands until it forms a dough ball. If it’s too sticky, add some extra flour.
- Roll out the dough until it is ¼ inch to ½ inch thick.
- Use small or large plastic cups to cut out circle shapes (depending on paw size).
- Gently press your dog or cat’s paw into the centre of the circle to make an imprint.
- Use a drinking straw to cut a hole for the ribbon.
- Transfer the circles to a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 225F for 2 to 3 hours until they are solid and completely dried out.
- Once they have cooled, paint the ornaments in colours to match your pet’s personality.
- Write your pet’s name and the year on the front or back of the ornament using a gold paint pen or Sharpie marker.
- Add a coat of Matte Finish Mod Podge and sprinkle it generously with glitter.
- If you only want the imprint filled with glitter, allow the first coat of Mod Podge to dry completely. Then add a generous second coat to the inside of the paw print and sprinkle it generously with glitter.
- String a ribbon through the hole to hang your ornament.
- If you want you can attach an extra ribbon or bow tie to the ornament using hot glue.
Written by Jessica