We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
West Hill Animal Clinic is celebrating National Cupcake Day in support of Canada Dog Guides! To support an amazing cause, stop by West Hill vet in Rouge Hill at 5528 Lawrence Avenue East. We have PUPcakes – safe pet options – and gluten free available too! Our Scarborough pet hospital thanks you very much for […]
As veterinarians, we strive to be educators. However, not having gone to teachers’ college, our skills have only been picked up through our roles as students. This is sometimes reflected in the ways we address clients when we put on our teaching caps. The other day, one of our staff members mentioned to me that […]
On August 30, 2006, a young black and white cat was brought into our clinic, having been hit by a car and found on the side of the road. As he was unable to move his back legs, we took x-rays to see where the problem was. It turns out that he had fractured his […]
The team of the West Hill Animal clinic would like to send out a BIG THANK YOU to our clients and community for their support with donations of food, blankets, toys and so much more for the Humane Society of Durham. As most of you know, the shelter suffered a tragic fire a couple of […]
February and March are dental health months here at West Hill Animal Clinic. Did you know that 80% of dogs and 70% of cats have periodontal disease by the time they are 3 years old. Have you noticed the overwhelming smell coming from your pet’s mouth when they give you kisses? Are they having trouble […]
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
With recent changes to restrictions on businesses, we are pleased to advise that effective Tuesday, May 19, 2020 the restrictions on veterinary practices have been lifted.
1. We are currently operating a "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 416-282-6621 (appointments ONLY at this number). We will take a history of your pet from outside of your car, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. The veterinarian will then call you to discuss our recommended treatment plan. After your appointment, a technician will return your pet using social distancing methods. We will be taking payments over the phone, we are no longer taking cash at this time.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets.
This means we can now see all cases by appointment only including pets in need of: · Vaccines · Wellness exams · Blood work · Heartworm testing · Spays and neuters · Dental services · and more!
Over the next few weeks, a member of our team will contact you to reschedule any services that were postponed. We kindly ask that you be patient and allow us time to catch up. .
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Thursday 9:00 am – 7:30 pm Friday 9:00 am – 7:30 pm Saturday 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive at 416-282-8516 to pick up your order, but do not enter the clinic. Our staff will take payment over the phone by VISA or Mastercard only. So we can ensure social distancing, we will then bring your order out to our green bin in the parking lot. We do have our online store available, which can be accessed from our website by clicking the online store button.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. VISA and Mastercard payments are still available.
Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.